Κυριακή 23 Αυγούστου 2026

Song of the Day : The Generation - When I Tell You


Artist/Band: The Generation  
Title: When I Tell You  
Style: Indie Rock, Pop Rock  
Year: 2026

The Generation’s “When I Tell You” arrives as the first single from the long-lost DC band’s upcoming album “Songs From Our Upbringing,” pulled from analogue tapes hidden in a London attic for more than thirty years.  
This melodic punky pop track bursts with sharp guitar riffs and bright, hook-filled melodies that grab attention right away. The sound sits firmly in the lively mid-80s Washington DC scene that also produced Modest Proposal and The Mondays, mixing raw energy with clean, catchy songwriting. 
Vocals sit clear and strong over the driving guitars, while the lyrics deliver straightforward, memorable lines that stick after one listen. Geoff Pesche’s Abbey Road mastering gives the original recordings fresh punch and clarity without losing their live-wire spark.  Guitar work stays front and center, creating instant finger-tapping moments that modern rock fans will love. 
This rediscovered gem shows exactly why the band burned so bright in its short run—and why these tunes still hit hard today.


Links: