Παρασκευή 25 Σεπτεμβρίου 2026

Song of the Day : New Sunday - Here I Am Meant To Be


Artist/Band: New Sunday  
Title: Here I Am Meant To Be  
Style: Indie Rock, Indie Folk  
Year: 2026

“Here I Am Meant To Be” is a powerful piece of music from the Icelandic trio New Sunday. The songwriting is the real highlight here, as the lyrics come from deep, personal poems about overcoming trauma. You can tell the story comes first, and the melody does a great job of carrying that emotion. The composition is smart and steady, moving through a clear structure that never feels rushed.
Production-wise, the collaboration between Einar, Lizzie, and Simon is seamless. Lizzie’s vocals are polished and fit the mood perfectly, while the instrumental arrangements are clean and purposeful. I love that they keep the music simple to let the message shine. It is rare to find a studio band that coordinates so well without ever meeting in person. This track is a triumphant win for anyone who loves melodic indie music with a real heart and a meaningful story.

 

Links: